PuTTYgen Download for Windows 11 PC. Free
by Simon Tatham
PuTTYgen 64 bit Download [Free]
Download PuTTYgen for Windows 11 64 bit. Install PuTTYgen latest (2022) full setup on your PC and laptop from FileHonor.com (100% Safe).
PuTTYgen is a key generator. It generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant. PuTTYgen generates RSA, DSA, ECDSA, and Ed25519 keys. When you run PuTTYgen you will see a window where you have two choices: ‘Generate’, to generate a new public/private key pair, or ‘Load’ to load in an existing private key.
- First, you need to select which type of key you want to generate, and also select the strength of the key.
- Then press the ‘Generate’ button, to actually generate the key.
- Once you have generated the key, select a comment field and a passphrase.
- Now you’re ready to save the private key to disk; press the ‘Save private key’ button.
Before generating a key pair using PuTTYgen, you need to select which type of key you need. PuTTYgen currently supports these types of key:
- An RSA key for use with the SSH-1 protocol.
- An RSA key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- A DSA key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- An ECDSA (elliptic curve DSA) key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- An Ed25519 key (another elliptic curve algorithm) for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
Connect to your SSH server using PuTTY with the SSH protocol. When the connection succeeds you will be prompted for your user name and password to login. Once logged in, you must configure the server to accept your public key for authentication:
How to install the latest version of PuTTYgen:
- Download PuTTYgen setup file from the above download button
- Double click on the downloaded setup file
- A smart screen will appear asking for confirmation to install the software, Click "Yes"
- Finally, follow the installation instructions provided by the setup file
How to uninstall - remove - PuTTYgen from Windows 11?
- Open Windows Start Menu, then open Settings
- From Settings >> Open Apps section
- All installed apps appear, then navigate to the desired app and click Uninstall
- Confirm, and you are done
PuTTYgen Technical Details
- Main Category: SSH Remote Connect
- Operating System Support: Windows 11
- Usability: Freeware
- CPU Architecture Support: 64 and 32 bit
- Version Update Number: Latest
- Last Checked: 2022-11-22